Alpine lodge

The lodge bears the name of the well-known senator, Guido Larcher, who was the President of the SAT (the association of Trentino's mountaineers) for several years from 1902 to 1917. The first building dates back to 1882 when the SAT erected a “cube building” at the end of the left lateral moraine on a small plateau in Val Venezia. The first rudimentary building was expanded with two rooms, one for ladies and the other for gentlemen.

In more recent times, 1992, the lodge was fully renovated, as well as in the summer of 2009 when important work was completed. These changes also enabled the opening of the lodge in difficult weather conditions and during the winter season.


The rooms:

After the recent renovation in the summer of 2009, the lodge rooms were equipped with heating and have been paneled with local wood. From here the guests can enjoy a panoramic view of the most beautiful peaks in the area. There are 80 beds, rooms can accommodate 6, 8 or 12 people, and are equipped with wooden bunk beds and blankets. For the night you must have or purchase at the lodge a sleeping bag sheet.


The kitchen

The ground floor as well was renovated and offers its guests a large, wood paneled room decorated in a classic mountain style. In the restaurant delicious specialities are prepared by the Casanova family using traditional and authentic recipes. Our guests can enjoy local mountain dishes such as polenta, canederli, (also called knödel which is a sort of bread dumpling made with stale bread, milk, eggs, bacon or speck ham, cheese, parsley and onion), barley soup, and all the Trentino and Val di Sole traditional dishes. The desserts are made with local products with thought given to every detail.


The Chapel of Larcher's Lodge

Chiesetta Rifugio Larcher This little church, in honor of Our Lady of Grace, was built thanks to the desire of Cristoforo Caserotti. “El Tòfol,” beside being the organizer of the initiative, he personally followed the work for several years. It was inaugurated in July 20, 1958, in the presence of many dignitaries and approximately 400 people attended. The building materials required for the construction were dragged with a cart from Malga Mare to Caresér where about forty volunteers, including many girls, moved them close to the lodge. Several other willing people picked fragments of quartz up from the "Catena Rossa" for the construction of the cavity in which the statue of the Madonna is now placed. There were also many benefactors who contributed to the collection of offerings for the construction of the church. In 1992, the church was partially refurbished, in particular the windows, floor, and plaster inside and outside were redone, as well as the wooden ceiling and roof which had been repainted. The new religious furnishings were executed by Gino Framba, an artisan-artist of Cogolo.

© 2011 Cevedale Alpine Lodge- Site realized by EDITEL
logo Val di Sole logo Trentino